2023 Annual Meeting
2023 TBRC Annual Meeting
The 2023 Annual Meeting of the Texas Bird Records Committee (hereafter committee or TBRC) was held at 11:00 AM on 23 September 2023. Carpenter hosted the meeting at his house in Dripping Springs with Cook and Glover showing up in person; all other members were able to participate online via video conference (Zoom). Arnold did not attend.
● Tony Frank, Chair
● Eric Carpenter, Secretary
● Keith Arnold, Academician (did not attend)
● Sheridan Coffey
● Greg Cook
● Mel Cooksey
● Steve Glover
● Jesse Huth
● Arman Moreno
● Willie Sekula
The meeting was convened at 11:08 AM.
Election of Members
Frank, Carpenter and Arnold were the only nominees respectively for the Chair, Secretary, and Academician positions. All three were unanimously (re)elected to their respective position.
Cook and Coffey had their first term expire at the meeting and both were elected to serve a second term.
Thus, effective at the end of the Annual Meeting, current membership and term of service are as follows:
● Tony Frank, Chair - term expires in 2025, can be re-elected
● Eric Carpenter, Secretary (Voting Member) - term expires in 2024, can be re-elected
● Keith Arnold, Academician (not a Voting Member) - term is as listed for Secretary, can be re-elected
● Jesse Huth – 1st term expires in 2025, can be re-elected
● Steve Glover – 1st term expires in 2024, can be re-elected
● Arman Moreno – 1st term expires in 2024, can be re-elected
● Sheridan Coffey – 2nd term expires in 2026
● Greg Cook – 2nd term expires in 2026
● Mel Cooksey – 2nd term expires in 2025
● Willie Sekula - 2nd term expires in 2024
The sequence (used primarily for order for oral/4th round records) of members for voting remains:
Huth, Glover, Moreno, Coffey, Cook, Cooksey, Carpenter, Sekula, Frank
Fourth Round Records
One fourth-round records was discussed and voted on:
There was a brief discussion about Egyptian Goose status. The TBRC has been ready to review submission from interested parties who feel they can document this species as being established in the state. As of the current time, no submissions have been received.
With no other formal business on the agenda and no additional Any Other Business items raised, the meeting was adjourned at 11:20AM.
Secretary, Texas Bird Records Committee